South-Central Minnesota Family Law Attorneys
At Berens, Rodenberg & O’Connor, Chtd., we have a long history of representing clients facing difficult family law situations. Attorneys Susan Conner Enwright, Mary Kay Mages and Ben Stabenow are experienced family law practitioners and are committed to providing our clients with compassionate, knowledgeable, and effective legal representation at a reasonable price.
We believe in helping you work with your spouse or the other parent to arrive at an agreement if that is possible. We will explain your rights, your obligations, and your options We emphasize trying to help families resolve differences amicably, but we are ready and willing to go to court if necessary.
We also understand that divorce and family law cases can be very expensive. We will talk with you about ways to reduce fees and work with you on payment plans.
We have experience with all of the following types of family law issues.
- Small business owners
- Farm families
- Uncontested divorce
- Divorce without a court appearance
- Mediated divorce
- Contested divorce – litigation and trial
- Military families
- Alimony/Spousal Maintenance
- Child custody, child support, and parenting time
- Medical insurance for children and payment of medical expenses
- Allocation of tax exemptions and child tax credits
- Division of pensions and retirement plans
- Division of real estate – residential, commercial, and agricultural
- Division of debt – mortgages, student loans, credit cards, medical bills
- Non-marital property owned prior to marriage or inherited during the marriage
- Tax issues
Child Custody and parenting time/visitation
- Early Neutral evaluation
- Custody evaluator
- Contested custody
- Modfication of custody or parenting time
- Parent re-locating
- Establishment and modification of support
- Appearance at child support hearing
- Assistance with do-it-yourself forms
We offer an intial consultation at no charge. If you are interested in speaking with one of our family law attorneys, please call our office at 507-233-3900, or send us a message using the Contact Us form on this website.