Minnesota Business and Commercial Law Attorneys
At Berens, Rodenberg & O’Connor, Chtd., we have protected the rights of businesses and business owners throughout Minnesota for more than 80 years. We place a premium on personal service and attention. When you contact us, we will get you in to see one of our attorneys right away. We will provide prompt and thorough answers to your questions, always striving to provide sound legal advice at reasonable rates.
Our Business and Commercial Law Practice
We offer a wide range of legal services to business and commercial entities, including counsel regarding:
- Business formation — We will help you evaluate the different business structures, including partnerships, limited partnerships, joint ventures, limited liability companies (LLCs), cooperatives, and S or C corporations, so that you can choose the business form that is most advantageous for you. We will prepare all necessary documentation to establish your business in compliance with Minnesota business laws such as articles of incorporation or organization, partnership agreements, and bylaws.
- Business contracts — We will negotiate and draft all types of business agreements, from vendor and customer contracts to noncompete, confidentiality, shareholder or membership agreements.
- Mergers and consolidations — We will handle all legal matters related to the joining of business interests, including due diligence. We will help you negotiate the terms of an agreement and will review and prepare all documentation necessary to finalize the transaction.
- Collections — We represent businesses of all types in the collection of their accounts. We are known for our innovative and aggressive approach to collecting accounts receivable. We also work closely with businesses of all sorts on credit issues, and will help you to establish credit policies and applications, security interests and other liens to protect your business.
- Commercial litigation and appeals — We represent businesses and business owners as plaintiffs or defendants in business disputes. Our attorneys have handled disputes involving the full range of issues facing today’s businesses.
Our Real Estate Law Services
We advise individuals and businesses regarding the sale or leasing of residential or commercial property, working with you from the negotiation of terms to the closing. We will prepare all necessary documentation and handle any title issues and can assist you with 1031 exchanges. We are licensed title insurance agents and issue lender’s and owner’s policies of title insurance for residential transactions and large multi-county business transactions throughout Minnesota. We also handle eviction actions.
Contact the Law Office of Berens, Rodenberg & O’Connor, Chtd.
For an appointment with a business and commercial law attorney, contact us online or call our office at 507-233-3900. We will meet with you weekdays between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.