South-Central Minnesota Farm Transfer Lawyers
At the law office of Berens, Rodenberg & O’Connor, Chtd., we have represented individuals and businesses in Minnesota’s agricultural community since 1927. We have built and maintained our practice on a commitment to personal service and attention. When you come to us with concerns or questions about an agricultural issue, our attorneys will work hard to get you a direct meeting with one of our attorneys as soon as possible. Throughout our representation, we will strive to provide prompt service and sound legal advice at reasonable rates.
Our Agricultural Law Practice
We offer experienced counsel on a wide range of agricultural matters, including:
- State and federal regulations – We can assist you with governmental regulations, including guidelines governing feedlots, crops and livestock permits.
- Drainage issues — We can help you with tiling and drainage issues, including petitioning governmental agencies for repairs, laterals, improvements, or outlets. We will help you obtain easements and assist with drainage and tiling disputes.
- Farm sales and auctions — We will assist you with all matters related to the sale or purchase of agricultural land, including refinancing issues or compliance with subdivision laws.
- Succession planning — We will work closely with you to put measures in place to ensure the orderly transition of ownership or control from one generation to the next. As part of the process, we will address any land transfer issues and work with your accountant on tax matters.
- Insurance claims issues — If you have an insurance claim and face delays or denials from your insurance carrier, we will be your advocate to help you get the benefits you need and for which you have paid.
- Wind farm easements — We will help you negotiate maximum compensation for the use of your property by windmill farms or operations, and will also address any easement issues that arise.
Contact Our Office
Contact us by e-mail or call our office at 507-233-3900 for an appointment with one of our experienced agricultural law attorneys. Our offices are open Monday through Friday, between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.